Saturday, March 04, 2006

Reflecting on Prayer


I was really enjoyed Mike Cope's BLOG this morning. I enjoyed the pictures of his family. His comments on prayer caused me to reflect on my own prayer life. I remember a poster I saw once that said, "If you don't feel like praying, talk to God about it." When I first saw it, I thought it was rather silly and pointless. As I have grown, however, I have come to understand that there really is alot of truth and wisdom in that statement. It seems that we often develop this "formalistic" attitude of prayer. We feel we must be gramatically correct and use all of the right words. For me, sometimes that is really difficult. Sometimes what I really need is to just talk to my Father. sometime I really need to just forget about getting the words right and just "spill my guts" to God. I don't know about you, but sometimes I don't feel like praying, I just need to talk to God.

No comments: